Thursday 21 November 2013

Class of Initials 2014 open for applications!



Class of INITIALS is a work experience programme for graduates looking to enter the exciting world of agency marketing.

INITIALS Marketing is a creative communications agency with a fantastic culture. Spanning multiple disciplines, from shopper to digital, promotional to direct, design to experiential, the world of INITIALS is fast-paced and always fun!

INITIALS hold a very special place in my heart - not only did I start my agency career there through a work experience placement in 2011 (before the official Class of Initials initiative was born), it was there that I worked my first position as an Account Exec. 

I worked on the experiential team at INITIALS for five months in 2012. I learnt a huge amount and was able to get involved in some amazing national-scale projects. It's why I'm so excited to share the Class of INITIALS 2014 with you - through it you have the same opportunity that I had to bag your dream marketing job! 

So what's the deal? 5 graduates will be selected via a challenging (but fun!) recruitment process to carry out a four week work placement between July and September 2014. For the right graduate there could be a job at the end!

Applications are being accepted via the INITIALS Facebook page, where you can also find out a few more details about the company and some great past work, as well as what's on offer. Please don't hesitate to comment/contact me if you have any questions! 

Good luck!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jos, nice post. Think I'm going to apply.

    One question about working at Initials if you don't mind - What skill(s) do you think were the most important for making the most of your time at Initials?

    Similarly, what sort of people would you say they're looking for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Charles!

      So sorry I've not replied to this sooner, I haven't been checking my emails - #fail.

      As the deadline is midnight tonight to apply for this I'm going to assume you've already submitted yours - sorry about that! But your question is an interesting one and worth answering as a general discussion point.

      I'd say that ultimately my enthusiasm and willingness to work hard were the most important things for my experience at Initials. Ultimately I think this was why I was taken on in a paid position following the impression I made in my two week placement.

      I found the culture at Initials really fun and the people were all genuinely lovely; everyone was also united by a serious passion for the job in hand - which made it an awesome place to work as well as a great place to get started in the agency industry. I think they'll be looking for people who will easily slot into the culture. So all you have to worry about really is being yourself!

      Be sure to let me know if you get through, it would be great to hear about your experiences!

      Delete
  2. Hey Jos, thanks for the reply. I got past the application stage and have got my assessment center day tomorrow. Will keep you posted like you asked :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw massive congrats! Definitely let me know how it goes, I want to hear all about it! Also Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete